* These programs are available for HEP Students Only
HEP Eligibility Criteria
The High School Equivalency Program helps migratory and seasonal farmworkers and their immediate family members who are 16 years of age or older and not currently enrolled in school to obtain the equivalent of a high school diploma and subsequently to gain employment or begin postsecondary education or training.
A student is eligible for HEP if they meet one of the following criteria:
- They or their immediate family members have engaged in migrant or seasonal farm work for at least 75 days in the last 24 months.
- They have participated or been eligible to participate in the Workforce Investment Act 167 program (WIA 167)
- They were eligible to participate Title C Migrant Education program within the last 24 months.
- Is at least 16 years of age or over;
- Is not currently enrolled in an elementary or secondary school;
- Has not earned a secondary school diploma or its equivalency;
Why Sign-up for HEP
HEP students receive financial aid, special support and can enroll in programs only offered to HEP students.
If you fit these criteria and are interested in signing up for HEP, please contact:
Mendocino College HEP Director
707-468-3000 ext. 6662